This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, May 27, 2007


Memorial Day
I live in a free Germany. Thousands of Americans (and thousands more from many other nations) died so this amazing country could have freedom from Hitler, so that the whole world could be free of the Nazis and their hate. I have two sons and I hope they never have to fight in a war. Today I am grateful for those who have fought, and for those who do fight. God bless the families who have sacrificed so much for all of us! Germany lost so much in war, so I understand why they hate war...I hate war too! Still, I love my freedom. I say thank you for my freedom! By the way, Juergen lost both his Grandfathers during the WW2. One was a German soldier. He was sent to Russia and died in a concentration camp. As far as I know, He was not a Nazi. His family nearly starved back home (this was Juergen's mom's father). She grew up with out her dad. She only remebers seeing him 2 times. Juergen's father's father stood up agents the Nazis in Germany. They beat him to death. Juergen's father served unwillingly (as most soldiers did) in the German army when he was 17 years old. This was just before WW2 ended. War is terrible for both the "enemy" and the "good guys". Sometimes war is the only way to win freedom.