This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dear friends and readers, first I want to thank you for all your prayer and support. I know many of you are checking daily to see how we are doing, and you are very anxious for us to be able to bring Sarah home. Juergen and I have made a somewhat bold and maybe foolish decision. We bought our airline tickets and we are going to China April 4-17. I am returning later (God willing April 21). We are dealing with the requirements of China, and the USA but also Germany. Many of you are aware of the fact we must finish this adoption in China (the Germans will not allow us to readopt Sarah in Germany). Juergen and I must be in China together for the adoption to be final. We haven't really got anyone to take care of our kids (especially Jessica our 15 year old autistic daughter) so our children need to travel with us. If we do not travel now, we would be looking at travel in June (our kid’s next vacation). Germany will not allow our children to miss school to travel. We asked our Agency to give us special permission to travel to Guangzhou during the trade fair because we do not believe it is possible to obtain a CA at this late notice. IAAP told us they would try to get us a CA, but they could not guarantee anything. We understand our whole plan is very risky. We were looking at waiting to travel until June, or waiting for our TA to come this week and then buying airline tickets that were expected to raise to $3000 each ($18,000 for our family of 6). We got our tickets for arround $800 each. We decided to take the risk, and trust our TA will come in the next two weeks (we signed the letter of acceptance over 2 weeks ago). I can not recommend anyone else try to go to China before they receive a TA and CA. I can not speak for my agency but I do not think our agency will seek a CA for the many other waiting families until after the trade show. I believe they will only make an exception for us because of the German requirements. If you are one of the other waiting families reading this, and I realize many of you have waited very long…I’m terribly sorry for your long delay. Understand we are taking a risk here, IAAP could not recommend we do this. Please continue to pray we receive our TA. We can not get Sarah without a TA. We are packing our bags, and finishing up the last minute details. We are taking a calculated risk here and I cautiously report it to you because I don’t want to be the cause for other families trying to do the same thing. I feel certain this was the best move for us, but I’m equally sure it would be unwise for others to try! I have no certainty it will work out, I can only say it seemed right to Juergen and I after weighing all our options. I may end up staying a very long time in China, or paying to travel again. Getting our TA this week will hold a whole new meaning to us!!! Again thank you very much for all your support.