This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007


I'm awfully glad I've walked down dark and scary roads before. Roads where you felt lost and kind of trapped. I've experienced times when it looked impossible,and yet it was not impossible! The rumors on the yahoo web groups are that the TA's will not come until next week, and no US consulate appointments will be given until May! My friend Sydney is in China right now. She is adopting her son Seth. What many of you don't know is Sydney needed a family size wavier to get Seth. She and her husband John already have 13 children. Seth is the 14Th. He is being brought out of certain poverty (because of his untreated special need), into a full and loving family. He had no future, and now his future will be blessed! God has a purpose for his life...and I'm sure God has a purpose for Sarah's life too. He makes the impossible possible! So I will wait for Gods way to open up. I hope the TA comes today. I hope we don't have to wait until next week! What ever happens, I know Sarah will come home.


Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.


Psalm 139:7-12