This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, March 26, 2007




I'm still feeling a bit guilty today,like someone who is trying to cut the line. I guess all we really are doing is taking a family vacation in China. We are moving closer to Sarah, but still need to wait like everyone else for all the papers to get processed. OK, we wait in China, and not Germany or the USA! There is no law that says we can not wait in China. If we get the TA, we get Sarah. With out a TA, we will come home empty handed! Can you tell the stress is starting to effect me? I pulled the bags and bags of stuff I've been laying aside for the trip from my closet. I'm going to pack these things today. Hopefully I still have room in the suitcases for our cloths. In my closet is a very large book about China. Juergen bought it for me a few years ago. It's one of the nicest things He ever got me! I hide it away in the closet because Jessica likes to tear books. It would break my heart if she ever got hold of this beautiful book. I can not believe we are finally going to this extremely amazing country. China has been calling me for years. My mom has also longed to go there. She bought her airline ticket too. We meet in Shanghai (God willing) on April 5Th. What an amazing adventure...I can hardly breath!