This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, March 19, 2007


I want to thank you for sharing your comments and your fairy tale moments this past week. I'm pretty sure we will have a happy ending...and a TA very soon! I hope you will pray for our TA. The kids have Easter vacation in only 12 days. If we got our TA this week, we could still manage to travel during the vacation. In Germany it is really not legal to take the kids out of school any other time. Since Germany is not really cooperating with this adoption, and we are going through the American system, it would be best not to upset the German government! God already knows our need, but I would be grateful for your prayers! I do feel peace it will work out!
Our favorite fairy tale story this week came from Kimberley at the seventh diamond. Kimberley is great for leaving comments. She is one of the most encouraging people! I want to thank all of you for you wonderful words of support. I read every word, and I'm so grateful I am not just writing to empty space! Kimberley wrote...

There were many years when I was a single mother with my oldest 2 sons Zach and Tyler. More than anything I wanted to be able to afford to take them to Disney World, but I just couldn't. When Zach was 9 and Tyler was 6, I got a new job that payed much better and I scheduled a trip for us to go. When we were at Cinderella's castle, my children were standing in front of me and I was sitting on the ground. The fireworks started because it was after dark and the boys were mesmerized. I could see their silhouettes, Tyler had his pirate hat on and Zach had his lanier with tons of pins. I just started crying and I cried for about 10 minutes. My heart was so filled with joy that I could finally bring my children to Disney World.

Some times I think these moments mean much more to us then they do to our children. It means so much to be able to give! Kimberley is no longer a single mom. She has been blessed with a great husband, and is preparing to adopt a little girl in China they plan to call Sophia Jane. This weeks Easter package goes to Kimberly!!!