This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, March 23, 2007



You would be proud of me today. I told myself I could eat chocolate...but I really didn't feel like eating it. I only craved orange juice. I guess I'm getting a cold. Stress weakens a persons immune system. I drank allot of orange juice yesterday. It's snowing here in Germany. The kids are happy. It had been beautiful a week ago. The trees were blooming, and everything was my favorite color green. I like to see snow fall, but I'm not a big fan of the cold.I had wanted to work in my garden. That always relaxes me. I guess packing is my continued focus today. I have no doubt we are going. I tell myself I would be less anxious if I had a TA, CA, airline tickets, visas (which they now will not give me until I have firm travel dates and airline tickets), and all the other details worked out. I think I would probably be just as anxious if the details were worked out! I'm going to China, and I'm bringing home a new daughter. I'm sure if all the details were worked out, I would still be anxious! I sat at the breakfast table looking at Philip and Thomas. They were cracking jokes. They are always laughing. If I need any assurance it's going to work out...I just need to look across the table.