This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007


Did I ever tell you how long I wanted to adopt from China before Juergen finally said yes? I was looking at every list of kids I was allowed to look at. Poor Juergen! I would say, "how about her...or her"? I even found a few boys I would have gladly said yes to, even though I realy wanted a girl this time. This went on for a year. Juergen had not even said yes, he wanted to adopt. I planned to take my kids (except Jessica) to the USA for Christmas 2005. I knew I would be at my parents house, so crazy me began to bid on lots of children's cloths on e-bay in the USA. Juergen still had not said yes, but I knew it was going to happen. If he said no, I would have given the cloths away. On March 3RD 2006 Juergen said yes to Sarah. When I get discouraged about weather it's going to work out it helps me to look back and remember I began shopping for her in the fall of 2005. I knew then what I know now...my daughter is in China, and God will absolutely move Mountains to bring her home!