This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, March 17, 2007


Hi, I had a pretty good day. I slept until 10:30. In a house with kids, that's not so easy to do. I'm really tired. It's not a physical tiredness that comes from hard work, it's emotional. I think I could easily have spent the day in bed. I took the boys to get their hair cut instead. Juergen thought we had better get important stuff for the trip done (as if hair cuts were not at the top of our to do list). I said we are going to take allot of pictures in China, and those pictures are important to me. I don't want to always see my son’s photos, and say they needed a hair cut! They now look like they could be models! I have very good looking sons!!!
I spent a few hours watching the movie twister with the boys. There is a scene in the film where they are chasing a tornado to do research, and the tornado is very close to them. It starts to suck things up, and toss things around. It sucks a whole heard of cows in the air. The cows are flying. The boys wanted to watch this scene over and over. They thought it was so funny. It was great for me to just lay on the couch and laugh. I went to the birthday party of very good friends tonight. That was also wonderful and relaxing. I could drown in this adoption. I get so crazy and stressed out by the stupid details. Life is no longer normal. Everything is way out of whack! I want Sarah home so I can start living again! I need to think of other stuff, I am so lost in this wonderful crazy obsession. I am very excited to finally be close to going to China. It has been a dream for many years. I am 100% sure I will love this trip. Still, I am also looking forward to planting my garden, and thinking about "normal" stuff! Happy Saint Patricks day!