This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, March 12, 2007


In every fairy tale there is a wicked character that makes life hard, even miserable for the good and noble character. Today at lunch I was that wicked character. I served rice and fish with that poisonous green vegetable broccoli. I demanded that my poor noble and all together good sons eat that dread vegetable before they could have their chocolate pudding. Philip being a tuff Knight, rose to the challenge. He wolfed the two pieces of broccoli down in 30 seconds flat. The crowds cheered him on as he claimed his prize, chocolate pudding. But poor Thomas just sat in his chair and stared. Finally when the phone rang, he thought he could out smart the witch. He grabbed the two pieces of broccoli and headed for the toilet. Little did he know, if his wicked mother has not tried that trick when she was a kid, one of her 3 sibling has. I interrupted my phone call to warn him of impeding doom if he did not put his broccoli back on his plate and eat it! It took an hour, but he did ingest the poison. Poor noble Thomas...what shall he do with a witch for a mother?