This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007



To be honest with you, I have not been very calm over the past 24 hours. When I think of all the details yet to be taken care of so that we can go to China the first two weeks of April, I get really freaked out!!! So many things I have absolutely no control over. So much I can not do yet because our TA has not come yet. No guarantee we will get a consulate appointment at the last minute, because so many others will also want an appointment right before the trade show begins the 3RD week of April! I had to remind God that it takes a long time to move a big ship, and I feel like the Titanic heading right for an iceberg!!! This morning I felt God was reminding me I was not the captain of the ship! Even if the task is "hard", it is a small matter to Him! I should just keep doing what I'm able to do, and trust Him for everything else! So I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, and shopped for lunch stuff. When I was at the store, I found these giant chocolate ladybugs. They are marshmallow, covered in chocolate. I decided to make 5 Easter baskets for a surprise for my kids. I will leave them on the dinning room table, and they will (God willing)get them when we return from our trip!