This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I know I'm posting allot today, but I have a zillion things flying through my thoughts. I don't have a TA (travel approval), so I of course don't have a CA (consulate appointment). I assume I will go to Guangzhou at the end of our trip around April 17-20. This is during the trade show in Guangzhou and hotels are 3 times as expensive as normal times. On the one hand, I don't want to book a room now because they charge a very steep cancellation fee during this period. On the other hand, if I do not book a flight and hotel, I may not be able to get a flight. The hotel space will be there but the cheaper rooms may not be available. The White swan for example cost $450 per night for their cheapest rooms. The Victory is now $170 per night for a cheap room (normally only $45 per night). I don't want to be paying these prices in Guangzhou if I'm not going to get a CA during this week. I would be better off hanging out in Hong Kong or Shanghai. But if the CA on this week does work out...perhaps I had better just book something now. What would you do? OK, I know you probably would not even be going ...but if you were me what would you do?