This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, March 12, 2007


When Jessica was 7 years old she loved Eeyore the donkey from Winnie Pooh. We took a trip to Disneyland in Paris (it's about 4 1/2 hours from our house). When we arrived, a sign said the Pooh characters would be signing autographs in Fantasyland. When we got there, there were over 200 kids standing in line to get an autograph. Because Jessica is disabled with Autism, we had a special pass that let us skip to the front of the line. I will never forget this moment! The castle was directly behind the stage with the pooh characters. Jessica was beyond thrilled! There was a loud speaker playing Disney tunes. The song they played was "when you wish upon a star your dreams come true". Juergen and I hugged each other and cried. It was a fairy tale moment! I would love to hear one of your fairy tale moments. I will send an Easter package with chocolate and other special German Easter stuff to the person who writes the best fairy tale moment on the adoption form. To use the adoption form, just click on the words "view my message board" on the top left of this page.