This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, April 06, 2007


Cool Slideshows




Juergen and I took a trip alone to the shopping mall. Mom babysat..having a grandparent along was a very good idea!!! I realize Shanghai is probably the most modern city in China, but man is this place cool!!! It's very clean (apart from the air that you can cut with a knife). The mall was very big. Much bigger then anything I've seen in Germany. We wanted to eat lunch, but Juergen didn't want Asian food. They had Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai,and Koran food. I would have chosen the Koran food but he wanted pizza so we passed it up. After hunting an hour for pizza, we gave up and went to KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). The place was packed with young people. There seems to be a very large middle class here. Juergen stood in line, and he was about two times as tall as all the people around him. A group of school girls stood behind him and giggled. I wanted to take a picture of him, but a security guard stopped me. I think it's funny I could not photograph my own husband. We are all still pretty tired. It's questionable if we will make it to the circus tonight. If we don't go tonight perhaps we will manage it next weekend! I only ordered the tickets, I don't need to pay for them unless we show up.


Click on the photo album to change the page.