This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, April 12, 2007







I spent a few hour at the Nanjing orphanage this morning. It's a very clean and well run place. The Nanny's are wonderful and clearly love the kids. I managed to get photos and even video of all the kids on my list (13 kids). I'm working on a photo album, and I will download the video when I return home to Germany. The connection to the Internet was too slow. The kids are all beautiful and I praise God I was allowed to photograph each one! I don't have the name to face connection, so if you are one of the waiting parents we will have to figure out who belongs to who later. Sarah still gives me the cold shoulder but I'm not so uptight about that today. She seems sad even with Juergen.I think she is just processing grief. I won't take it personally!