This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007


Once again, Juergen and I drove to the US Embassy in Frankfurt. We were successful in finishing all the forms I will need at the Embassy in Guangzhou on April 19Th. The trip was like a 4 hour business meeting. Did we do this? I must do that! When I got home I found these cute luggage tags in the mail. They are from one of the biggest sweethearts on the Internet, Kimberley at the seventh diamond. Thanks Kim I love the gift! They came just in time!!!
Juergen and I plan to make most of our phone calls with Skype, but I'm also ordering 2 panda phones. We decided the panda phones would be good to have in case we get lost or separated. We could just call each other and say, "meet me at the McDonald's"! It gives us peace of mind. The $10 a week per phone is worth the extra peace we feel knowing we can find each other in a crowd. They will deliver the phones to our hotel, and pick them up when we leave.