This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 09, 2007

I think the ice has already melted on our little Sarah sunshine! She is laughing and smiling. She loves having her dad through her up into the air. She also gave me a great big kiss on the check. Nicole, Mom, Philip, Thomas and Sarah just headed outside to blow more bubbles. Those bubbles have been the total hit! I brought allot of bubbles for the orphanage, but to be honest with you, I'm not sure they will last until our visit (I think we will visit on Thursday but this needs to be confirmed). We meet our guide for a real Chinese dinner In about one half hour. I hope I can pull Jessica away from the room. She doesn't seem to be feeling too good. Tomorrow we sign the final adoption papers, and I think we will go on a tour of an old Chinese village near Nanjing. Sarah loves to be out seeing new things. She has not gotten the chance to see much outside the orphanage. She seems to be eating it up! She is very smart, and even when she cried it was not for the Nanny's, but for her teacher. I think she will bond very fast to us because we are teaching her new stuff, and she wants to learn so badly!!!