This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007


I just woke from a nap. Juergen is taking our crazy dog Mickey to the doggy hotel. He will be cared for by a professional animal trainer. It should do him good! We got a sleeping drug called Baldriparan to help Jessica on the flight. Most of the stuff we have tried to calm her down always has an opposite effect. She basically is terrified of flying. The only thing worse then taking Jessica on a 12 hour flight would be leaving her for almost 3 weeks! She is generally wonderful on a vacation, but it is a nightmare getting her there. Right now, this is our biggest prayer request. Please pray for Jessica, that she has a good flight! I feel like I am walking into this surreal zone, where I am basically going through the motions, almost watching things happen as in a movie. It is all so overwhelming,and it is hard for me to really believe that it is me who is actually living out this drama! My mind is way too small to really process what is about to happen. I feel like it is a wave,and I just need to ride it!