This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, April 13, 2007


It's my sister Shelley's birthday (April 12Th) so happy birthday Shelley! Sorry I did not call, I'm having some Internet problems.
Sarah continues to cry when she sees me. She is also sad with Juergen, but will at least go to him. I cried a river last night,after she slept. It is very painful to see her so sad, and also painful to be treated so meanly. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement on the guestbook. I may not be able to read my blog until I go home, but the guestbook comments really build me up. You are all so wonderful.
Today we travel back to Shanghai. I am sorry we had to spend so much time in the Nanjing hotel. The city is really wonderful, and I would have loved to see more. Our guide Michael was world class! He is really worth so much more then we could ever pay him without corrupting him! The swimming pool at the Mandarin Garden hotel was very cold. The boys only used it once. We are all looking forward to the warm pool in Shanghai, and maybe a better weekend!