This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 02, 2007





This morning Juergen and I drove to Frankfurt (about an hour North). We got a late start because we needed to get the car fixed. There was a car crash on the auto ban, so we waited awhile in slow moving traffic. Long story short...the Embassy was closed about 10 minutes before we finally arrived. We have to try it again tomorrow! They use to be open in the afternoons. I guess we should always always check! We did manage to pick my airline tickets up at the airport. I won't need to do that on Wednesday. It was also great taking that long drive alone with Juergen. It might be awhile until we get any good time alone. It is never a waste of time!
I took Philip, Thomas,and Jessica to Toys R Us when we got back from Frankfurt. Juergen and I are so busy lately. We also need to be busy a bit longer. The boys have been sick, and like all of us they are anxious about the trip. They have been getting on each others nerves. I decided to bribe them with a new toy. I thought it would keep them happy and busy , so we can finish getting ready. They are in their room now crashing hot wheels! Nicole didn't want to go to Toys R Us, so I just brought her a surprise. She loves Star Wars, and she likes to build models, so she got a Star Wars model. She is always good and helpful. She didn't need a bribe, but she certainly deserves a reward! OK, it's back to work!!!