This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

I haven't been able to phone Juergen on the skype phone. He has called me a few times. I just begged him to call the hotel and ask them to let me stay until 9pm. I hope Sarah will be close to sleeping then and I'll manage to check us in without a 4 hour drama in the airport! I don't have a credit card so I can not do this myself. I ordered room service. Sarah would not touch her food for the first half hour. Now by some miracle she is calming down and eating her hamburger and fries. She is even dipping the fries in ketchup. This is the calmest she has been today.I had green tea and aspirin for lunch. Who needs weight watchers? I think the best weight loss program is stress. I'm sure I've lost 10 pounds since I came to China! I really know that the very worst of this is nearly over. Once we get Sarah home, she will be fine. She and I have been tossed around for weeks with no real peace. We both just need to be home. I'm so glad that even if I can not stay in Germany, I will be in Oregon on Sunday. When I can share this load, and joy with my parents I will have rest. Sarah is a joy. I wish I had a cable to download the video and pictures I've taken of this amazing sweet monkey. You could not imagine what a joy she can be. Today I will be leaving China with one of the finest treasures. She truly is a pearl of great price. Again I thank God for this beautiful beautiful child!