This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 23, 2007

"Home is where your story begins", this is a comment left by Juliette. I slept from about 8:30pm until /7:30am and I could have easily slept more. I am emotionally and physically exhausted and I am glad Juergen is giving me the chance to recover. He is sitting at his desk now, trying to clear his calendar at work so he can stay at home. Sarah hangs on him. I'm sure she would not accept my care just yet. But she is also exhausted and needs some time and distance to relax. As many of you wrote, I am the person that reminds her of what she has lost. I'm certain she will be too busy experiencing the wonderful new life, she will soon forget what was lost. Today I will try to get a cable to transfer all my photos and video of Sarah. You can begin to catch a glimpse of my amazingly beautiful daughter. I have been honest with you about how hard this has been. I stood in the kitchen this morning making my coffee. I remembered a friend of mine who spent the last 3 months of her pregnancy in the hospital. It was tuff. It took a long time for them to get over the stress of that pregnancy. But their son is amazing, and you don't dwell on the pain, you rejoice in the child! I wish it hadn't been so hard (and still is hard). This is a birthing process. She is a Pearl of great price, and I would do it all again...I have a great treasure in Sarah.