This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 16, 2007

We had a little breakthrough this afternoon. For some reason my blog actually could be viewed. First of all, thank you for all the encouraging words and comments. You bless me, and God knows I needed your words of encouragement. Sarah was super stressed out because Juergen and I are stressed packing, and sad about a lack of a visa. I went to take a hot bath. Juergen showed Sarah my blog. She loved all the photos and videos. She was naming all of the people in her family, and smiling and talking. It looked like we had turned a big corner! She let me take her picture. She was so relaxed and excited. Then we took her and Jessica to lunch. She gave me big smiles, and even offered me kisses. Juergen and I thought we needed to build on this. We wanted to just go ahead and take the whole family to Guangzhou, and face the German school situation later! The problem is, there are no flights to Guangzhou. They are all booked because of the trade fair. I could not even find one ticket for Nicole! I looked for hours, I tried so hard. I do not want to take Sarah away from Juergen. It seems so cruel. I know I am not mean, but I'm sure nothing I say or do will convince Sarah of this. I'm sure my mom will manage to comfort her, but will she ever trust me. She is very stressed out. She realizes something is up. She cried herself to sleep. She rejected me again. I think she knows she will lose her daddy.
A friend of ours with connections in German politics is trying to pull some strings for us. Perhaps we can manage a visa to Germany. I fully intend to follow through on Sarah's American citizenship process.I am happy to go to the USA, I just hope I can go in a few months. With out a visa, I will fly to Portland on Sunday(I have the tickets). Tickets can be changed! Please pray we get a visa, and pray for our poor Sarah. I hate having to take her from Juergen. I'm so sad about what I must do in the morning. Juergen flies home with the kids tomorrow. Everyone is very stressed out. It is always hard to fly with Jessica, so please remember to pray for them too. I guess we will all get through this difficult time. I would be so blessed if I could just go home!