This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

It is Saturday and I was laying in bed thinking. I was glad not to have to wake up in a hurry and get anyone off to school. I was also happy I didn’t have to spend the day alone with my “charming” new daughter. It makes me sad to write that, but I know it won’t always be this way. I thought I should make a slideshow today of photos I have of my Mom in China. My Mom was a great help to us. I am very grateful she was with us! You see, Sarah still clings to Juergen like she was someone drowning in water. She rarely relaxes and just plays when he is around. Sarah just cries and clings! It was not like that with my Mom. With grandma she was both safe and relaxed. I saw the best of her when she was with my Mom. My Mom has advised me to try to just “be there” for Sarah. I should not show too much emotion, but I should not chase after her begging for her attention. I should just be there. Eventually Sarah will feel safe with me. Eventually she will trust me. It worked with my Mom.
My poor Mom left Shanghai on only 3 hours of sleep. Her flight from Tokyo was over booked. She was bumped from the flight. Then the airline (NORTHWEST) herded her to another flight. She ended up going to Hawaii, and it took about 28 hours for her to get home. She was not fed, she was placed in a zero star hotel, and could not even make a phone call! She was not even offered free tickets! It was a nightmare!!! She scarifies a great deal for this new grandchild. I will never forget our adventure in China! Thank you Mom! I also want to thank my Dad, brother, and sisters. They cleaned the house, and garden, baked apple pie, arranged transportation from the airport, and even bought a butterfly balloon for Sarah. I’m glad I didn’t need to fly directly to Portland ,Oregon, but I would have had my wonderful family waiting for me. Now we just need to teach Sarah she also has a family who is going to be there for her! I am so grateful I have a family that loves me!