This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 30, 2007


Today has gone by well with Sarah. She has played the entire day. She is relaxed and calm. Of course all of this has been with her very wonderful (and believe me this word wonderful is a strong understatement) sister Nicole. On the one hand I am very glad Sarah has had what I consider the best over all day so far. On the other hand, she seems very happy to have nothing to do with me. Oh my dear Lord, this is so painful!!! Juergen comes home in about one hour. Tomorrow he has a day off (May 1 is a holiday in Germany). I'm sure Wednesday will be a nightmare when Juergen and Nicole go back to work and school, but today was really good. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I need to find the battery charger for my camera. Thank you again for your many prayers. I will keep hanging in there. I think about the seasons of a year. Everything does happen in a season! Perhaps when her season of sadness fades (and I believe she blames me for her loss) she will find it in her heart to love me too. I must be like a hard working farmer...I just plow the ground and plant the seeds, only God can do the rest.