This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, April 30, 2007

So far today it's been calm. Juergen walked out the door and Sarah cried for a half a minute. then she clung to Nicole. What is good about this is she will actually let go of Nicole and play. She has relaxed and played well with Nicole all morning. Right now she is taking a nap. Last night I gave Sarah my old baby doll Nancy (named after my mother). She really loves this doll and has played well with it. It's kind of funny because Nicole never enjoyed playing with dolls. She has had to play dolls all morning. Sarah still does not like me, but I am making it very hard for her. I kept doing nice things for them that surprised Sarah. For example I brought them a baby bib and feeding bowl for the doll. I sat with the kids and made them a snack of fresh pineapple and bananas. All the kids eat it up, Sarah too. I'm sure she would have rejected the food if she was alone with me! Philip has 3 friends (brothers) over to play. The kids don't have school today, but these boys parents need to work. Thomas has gone swimming with another friend. Sarah has to watch me be nice to these other kids! Yes, I am making it very hard to continue with her campaign of hate and rejection!