This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hi, I am in the room in the Ramada Pudong airport hotel. My mom left this morning and Sarah is crying. There is not much I've been able to do to calm her down. I called a member of the staff to try to explain to Sarah I will be taking her to her grandma on the airplane,but they just don't understand how to do it. Their English is very simple. They only try to comfort her. She wants to attach to them. It only makes everything worse. Sarah has very bad diarrhea and has gone through all her clean unaware. I have none left. I am giving her peto, and she had a banana. She let me help her in the toilet. That's a step in the right direction. I wish she would accept my help. We have had many great days together. We were smiling and playing, but all the care , feeding her dressing her and putting her to bed was done by my Mom. Sarah would not even let me hold her hand as we walked down the street. She crys for Mom, and she just does not understand it is only a short goodbye. I was winning her trust little by little. I need a great deal of prayer to get through the next 24 hours. I must check out of the hotel by 6 pm. My plane does not leave until almost midnight. I have no idea what I will do with this screaming crying child in the airport for almost 6 hours. I could not have wished this for her. I've seen her cry 3 times. First for her nanny, then Juergen, now my Mom. My heart is sick, my strength is weak, I have ot eaten or slept well, I have to spend an entire day with Sarah on the airplane. I know she will be happy once she sees my Mom again. I'm sure it will be OK when I finally get her home. But today the storm is very dark, and I must do this alone. God give my help! God comfort this poor confused girl!